Sunday, October 23, 2011

A Charlie Brown Sunday


AH-dorable. These 2 just melt my heart. Mia adores him but she's showing signs of being overly needy of my and Andrew. Like she's not sure we love her anymore or something and she pulls her ears back when we give her affection like she's afraid she did something bad and isn't deserving of it. It's been only 2 weeks so I'm sure she'll get over it. She's never really had to share me before.

Currently I'm chugging away at new work so display originals in my opened-yet-lack-of-artwork Etsy shop. It's close to El Dia de los Muertos and that has my inspiration at the moment. This is a little more involved than what I have been doing but it's a nice change of pace. I'm still doing rub cement resist for the shape of the skull, nose, eyes, and teeth but everything else is left alone. Here are some badly photographed pictures:
I have 3 more in the works that I'm sketching up to then paint. I'm being a little more intense with these paintings than my others. I have had some stuff on my mind recently and I think I unintentionally led myself to work that would cause me to focus solely on it rather than my personal issues. Like I said when I first started blogging, this gives me a kind of therapy that has been useful.

When I was married I felt empty for a really long time. I would draw and paint before my ex and I were married back when I still lived in PA. When I moved to be with him and got married I became consumed with him and his issues and trying to take care of all of it. I stopped being concerned with myself and what kind of emotional state I was in. All creativity stopped. Now that I have been painting continuously for over a year I wonder if it  would have helped me keep sane during my marriage. Probably not, but I still wonder. Those years of feeling inadequate were stifling and my return to artwork was almost immediate after we became separated. Funny how that works. I'm a lot better off and doing well but there are those occasional times where I become confused about the situation.

Anyway, that's where I am right now. Just going to keep moving along :)

No comments:

Post a Comment