Saturday, October 29, 2011

Hanging With Nathan Fillion

It's a chilly day here with me in my pajamas accompanied by Sinusitis, so what better way to spend it than in my pajamas watching everything that has Nathan Fillion in it? Currently he plays Richard Castle in the tv series Castle, but before that he was in Firefly, Serenity, and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog (back when there was the writers strike in Hollywood). All of the characters that he plays have generally the same attitude and demeanor but he's so cute that I can't help myself. The couch I bought several weeks ago came in this morning so that's an added bonus for me to lounge around and surf through Fillion-based Netflix listings.

Andrew finally has some time off of work this weekend so he's out in the cold hunting. He was reading through his hunting license yesterday and I've never seen someone so excited as when he found out that he's allowed to shoot a bear. Then the inevitable argument ensued as to whether he's allowed to bring home his kill and gut it in the garage... Don't get me wrong, I love to eat meat. I couldn't be a vegetarian even if I tried, but I'm also very grateful to the people who work the kill floors at meat packing plants because I would have to be on the extreme edge of starvation to get up the nerve to look an animal in the eye and watch it die. So in one hand I'm very thankful to the people who do the hard work for me, but in the other I know I take it for granted. That said, there's no way he's dragging a dead carcass here to dismantle its limbs in my presence. I don't care that he does it, someone has to plus he uses the whole thing, I just don't want it around me in it's original state or stuffed to hang as decoration (another disagreement that occurred). First, it's just creepy to have something hanging around that gives you a blank stare that follows you as you walk by. Lastly, that's a huge reminder of the animal that I didn't want to see dead in the first place. All-in-all I'm glad he's doing something that he enjoys and can relax doing with guys that he rarely sees outside of work, but whatever happened to going for a game of basketball?

While Andrew is out and Nathan Fillion is playing on the tv I've been keen on rearranging my newly furnished living room. It feels so nice to have a legit couch instead of just a love seat. You have no idea what kind of awkward pauses take place when you invite people over and they see just a love seat. One of my good friends put it best when she said "I love you, but not that much" and went to go get a kitchen chair to sit on rather than sit leg-to-leg next to me. Plus our living room is getting a bit crowded with 2 dog kennels to house now. I was hoping that with Mia being 2 years old she would be more relaxed and able to be out of the kennel alone during the day....let's just say I came home to my ENTIRE bathroom ripped to shreds from what I assume was separation anxiety. So 2 kennels it is. I'm excited to decorate this place though, I finally live somewhere that I feel comfortable and know I won't have to leave anytime soon (I never felt this way even when I was married). And in tackling the living room I'm also taking on the kitchen table, turning it from drab to fab by stripping it and then staining it black to make it a little more modern. Pictures to come.

With all that said I'm feeling the need for more DayQuil and, more importantly, more Nathan Fillion :)

No comments:

Post a Comment