Thursday, November 3, 2011

Eyes on the Sky

First, holy crap was I wrong about Halloween. Well, actually, let me explain.Two kids showed up in the first hour and half so naturally Andrew gave them fistfuls of candy in the hopes to deter us from eating it all. However, that thinking led to us running out of candy early because after the rain stopped a whole storm of kids came and we were scrapping together things to give them. I was about to start handing out bananas and Icee's (despite it being cold) to avoid a mob of angry kids.

While I'm inching towards Etsy Shop completion I decided to take on a new venture that I found at The little Cloud a few days ago. It's called The Sketchbook Project. They send you a 32 page sketchbook with a theme and you create art based on that theme, send it back to them, and it travels the world for people to view. I thought it was inspiring so I decided to give it a try. 

My theme came up as "Tree house". I'm a little perplexed on how to tackle this subject but I asked my kids at school for ideas and a 5th grader thought it might be cool to draw pictures of different houses and stores all built in a tree...like a community in trees. It made me think of the Jetson's, how all of the houses and buildings are on poles in the sky. I thought it was a neat concept. I also thought of maybe having it built and then watch it progress through years with kids playing in it and then getting to old for it it so it becomes abandoned. I like the aging process and the nostalgia of it. I'm not sold on any one idea yet, but I have plenty of time before it arrives and is due.

Newness:

                                                                           Dawn

                                                                            Fog

                                                                             Blur

Blur is my favorite. I decided to do sky-like washes and to add interest and contrast I decided to do grids on them. I like how they are turning out, it's different than what I normally do with bright colors but I felt they need for more muted colors.

Now to satisfy my need for more phone games....Hanging With Friends!

1 comment:

  1. Well talk about timing!!!! I am actually doing somethings right now so I can update this thing. I haven't had any free time to do anything! Blake and I are doing well, he just left for a few weeks and should be back right before thanksgiving. I hope all is well with you and Andrew! :)

    ReplyDelete