Sunday, November 6, 2011

I'm Now Legit

It's official my shop is now set up. I was completely nervous doing it, plus my happy bubble is a little deflated because virtually no one has looked at my paintings (yep, there's a counter of how many people have viewed your stuff). I know it only went up yesterday but I needed that confidence boost of like several people already having purchased my stuff. Haha, unrealistic expectations...CHECK.

There are currently 12 pieces up so there's not much to look at but I was too afraid to put a whole bunch up at once. For starters it costs $0.20 for each listing so I'm up to $2.40 of debt already and was not looking to add more to a store that has no purchases, and then there's the self-esteem issue of "Why put up more stuff if no one ends up liking what I have up there in the first place?" I know, totally lame, but I'm kind of at the whim of the Etsy gods right now which is not a comfortable place to be.

In other news the old, ugly dining room table we have has been stripped, washed, sanded and now in phase 2 of staining. I'll post pictures when it's all done so you can see the progression all at once. It needs to get done quickly before my parents come down for Thanksgiving. Luckily it's a 4 day week this week, next week is a 4 day, and the week after we have to work only 2 days. SCORE. That should give me enough time to finish the table top and legs before the family comes.

Which leads me to: Oh-My-God-I-Never-Watched-My-Mom-Cook-Thanksgiving-Because-I-Was-Always-Too-Lazy. To make my life less complicated my parents are buying the turkey in Pennsylvania and letting it thaw on their 8 hour car ride down here. Haha. When they told me this plan I thought it was cute. I didn't even find it insulting that they already knew I would make it a fiasco so instead went and planned ahead. I come from a family of planners, what can I say? And for that I am grateful. I should make that my speech for what I give thanks for.

No comments:

Post a Comment