Friday, November 11, 2011

For Those Who Served...

From my Facebook page:
To all the men and women, past and present, serving in our armed forces: Thank you for the hard work and sacrifices that you have bestowed upon yourselves to serve our country. To the families of these individuals: You have the hardest jobs of all. Thank you for standing behind our servicemen/women and being the foundation for all that they do. Lastly, to the notoriously under-appreciated Vietnam Vets: I thank you for your service and the dedication you had to serving our country despite the scorn of unpatriotic hippies.

Happy Veterans Day and to those overseas, come home safely.
I was a military wife for 3 years with my ex-husband and am dating a military soldier who is also a veteran so I feel special pride in knowing that I have helped to serve my men to serve their country. I am glad that our country takes a day to remember our heroes.
Being in a military town, naturally schools have off for Veterans Day so the kids can go home and hang out with their parents. This is what Mia and Bailey are doing to celebrate my being home:
 Bailey is getting so big. Look at his cute, chubby wrinkles. I love the way Mia curls up into that little ball. My kids :)
Well it's chilly out and it's been rainy and I don't have much to do today but here are so pictures of my new work that I just put in my shop
The Dusk Jump
 The Dawn Jump
I did a lino cut of military jumpers falling in their little cluster with the plane circling around to go pick up more. Anyone that's ever lived near a military base can tell you that we see this all the time. It's like watching Wishies (or at least that's my name for the weed that you blow on to make wishes) flying through the air. I'm painting different skies for them to print on with ink. I have different pictures of the jumpers, including regular skydivers, that I'm going to do the same thing for. I think this subject is fun and something a lot of other people will like and can relate to :)
Now, to take some time to clean all the muddy paw prints off the wood floors! 

No comments:

Post a Comment