Sunday, February 26, 2012

Girls Scouts= Wolf Pups



I have always wanted a sign for my house that says "No Soliciting (except for Girl Scout Cookies)" and tis the season for them! Towards the end of January a neighbor that I know came by with her daughter and we were put on a list to get them. Time ticked by and we saw the wee little ones dressed in their scout apparel set up camp at Lowe's, Walmart, and anywhere else with a large parking lot. We grew excited to see them and their joyous faces selling us those cookies that we have always loved! We knew ours would be coming in at any moment so we politely declined those cute little girls.....

.....and things got ugly.


First, let me say that those "girls" are as wily as car salesmen. Girl
 Scouts must be creating new badges for "marketing" and "junior sales associate" because those girls are as ravenous as  bob cats to get sales for those damn cookies. I'm convinced that some crazed Girl Scout Troop Leader is bringing sales tip videos to their meetings  in lieu of craft hour. I had some bitty little thing yelling at me the other day that they now accept credit cards. CREDIT CARDS!


So now, those little rabid kittens have the street smarts to hustle people with plastic. You can no longer use the once full-proof plan of "I don't have any cash on me" because when you're walking by them with a bag full of groceries they know you had a source to pay it with and they'll hunt you down until you buy a box.


Another encounter I had I knew better than to discuss money so I  thought it would pacify them if I told them I had already bought some. That was an even worse idea. The little girl in pigtails made a stance much like a bull ready to charge, jammed her hands on her hips and demanded "WHERE?!" Note: no parental figure decided to do anything about the audacity of a kid yelling at an adult until I mentioned something to one of them and at that point only one parent suggested to the girls that they step away from the door of the establishment.


While at the mall they were at the center intersection and basically running after people to buy their cookies, but oh no not the kids this time, the female parents. So the girls are psycho, the Mom's are psycho and what's worse is that the parents are seemingly encouraging their kids to behave that way...stupendous.


I told Andrew that this might be my last year of wanting to buy GS cookies and he said "No, you'll still buy 'em from those little hoodlums." Nice image that's being put out.


Despite the trouble we received our cookies and it's like heaven. The sugar-induced coma definitely eases the hassle of dealing with those dragon fledglings.


Yay for peanut butter patties!

No comments:

Post a Comment