Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Quit

Spring Break was last week and I finally had time to do absolutely nothing. It was amazing. Anything I needed to do got done. Anything I wanted to do got done. Sleeping in and feeling rested got done. I didn't want to do jack shit over break, and guess what? Got done. 

All of this made me feel really good about going back to work this week, and then the week came. 

The kids at school are bickering, I can't sleep at night again, I'm exhausted all the time, and, oh yea, my dog can't control his stool. I've come home twice in one week and had to clean poop off of him, the floor, the side of the couch, the walls in 2 separate rooms (from just one incident), 2 kennels, 2 baskets full of clean clothes, and myself on both occasions. I can't get anything done, I can't spend any time doing things I want to decompress, and this is going to be a long week because I have to drive all the way out to the district I teach in both Saturday and Sunday because of an all-county art show happening...This one lady at another school emailed the district art teachers to say she won't be able to make it so can we set up her exhibit? Maybe it's just me being in a foul mood but NO, lady, I'm not setting up your show.

It's not even the stress at work that gets me. I'm completely prepared for work stress. The issue is that the only reason I can handle work stress is when I have nothing to worry about outside of work. When I can go home and lounge around, go for a run, take the dogs for a stress-free walk, read a chapter of my book, watch Netflix versions of Cake Boss, I'm completely fine for the next day. I can go in, get my work done, be an effective and efficient person and go home relatively unscathed. When I don't get my down time? It's like a chasm breaks open in the ground outside my house and all manner of demonic creatures creep up and posses me for the day.

I haven't had a free moment all week other than times where I'm covered in poop, if you can even count that as free time.

QQUUUUUUIIIITTTIIIINNNGGGG

No comments:

Post a Comment